Submitting Documents to Exkalibur
SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS TO EXKALIBUR
If you’ve arrived at that page, you’re in the right place if you would like to submit confidential documents to us.
We have included instructions about how to submit your data electronically to our secure file location. This procedure may be followed for submitting all confidential and private materials to Exkalibur.
Whenever you’re ready, you can use it here.
Please follow these instructions carefully. We are using a service called Box.com, which ensures an encrypted transmission and secure storage for your documents. Your documents will not provided to any other party and will only be used by the Exkalibur organization.
Here is a brief list of some of the documents that you might include in your transmission:
Annual financial statements
- Wherever possible, the financial statements should be prepared on an ACCRUAL BASIS to enable a more comprehensive evaluation.
- If you use an outside accounting service, please provide a copy of the full report.
- If you are using internally prepared financial statements, please be sure to include
– The Income Statement
– The Balance Sheet
– The Cash Flow Statement (if available)
Optional: Employee headcount information
- In most cases, any analysis will benefit from certain productivity metrics if we know the average number of employees in each year. You can provide that data on a simple spreadsheet and include it with the other documents.
Optional: Outstanding Shares of Stock
- If this information is available for either the fiscal year end or as an average of outstanding shares during the year, certain indicators, calculated on a per share basis, may provide additional insight. Our experience is that many middle market companies lack confidence in these numbers, but if they are reliable and you want to submit them, we’ll apply them where appropriate.
Optional: Bank loan agreements
- In most cases, if we understand the bank covenants with which you must comply, our evaluation will be more complete. You can provide these details on a separate page or by including a copy of your bank loan agreement(s).
Document Transmission Process
Please follow these simple steps to transmit the documents to our secure location:
- Go to the Exkalibur web site. In the Contact section, look for the entry entitled “Send documents to Exkalibur”.
- Click on that icon and you’ll be taken to an upload page that looks like this:
- Click on the “Browse” button to locate the documents you’d like to send from your hard drive or other storage device.
- When that’s completed, click on the “Upload” button and the documents will be transmitted to our secure storage location. We’ll be notified when the documents are received.
- We will notify you at the appropriate time, and will schedule a mutually convenient time to discuss this information.
That’s it. The file transfer process is very simple but please let us know if you have any questions or problems.