[All names in Bold Italic … BLACK for authors, titles in GREEN, characters in ORANGE … except URL references in RED. No affiliate links.]
Tonight, I will finish Baldacci’s 5th Camel Club series book, Hell’s Corner … but it’s clear that Baldacci has become even more proficient at intricate plots that are not easy to unravel, even for his inimitable character, Oliver Stone, a/k/a John Carr. This latest work … and one of his longest … has been a cut above the previous books in this series, mostly because just as you think you’ve figured out what’s happening, phrases like … sharp turn left, start over, huh?, what just happened?, where are we going now? … pop into your skull.
If you haven’t met the Camel Club, get started with the first book, The Camel Club to get the gist … then in order, read The Collectors, Stone Cold & Divine Justice. You can thank me later.
Top Ten Favorite Characters
Okay, so the list isn’t done … at least not for public consumption although I have narrowed it to the Top Ten from the mystery-thriller-suspense genre. I PROMISE I’ll start with at least half of the list next week … but you have a lot to read already, don’t you?
I’d like to hear about your favorites, too, so let’s hear ‘em!
More juice ….
No time to comment but here’s a pic of another stack of books kindle your reading fires. Do you know everyone here? Yes, I know, some of the titles are cut off … but you can see David Baldacci’s The Collectors in here, noted above as the 2nd book in the Camel Club series.
What’s better than a good hunt, Anyway? (Drop me a note and I’ll figure it out if you can’t.) Maybe there’s a contest brewing in here?
Shelfari continues to be on hold for the moment but I intend to sort it out over the holidays. Need to get a little deeper there and will report back next week. In the meantime, let me know if you have any experience with it … or with Goodreads or Collectorz or other bookshelf software.
Now Reading …
David Baldacci revisits his Camel Club compadres in his latest, Hells’ Corner …
Still Savoring …
Nothing’s changed here … but here it is ….
- James Lee Burke’s, The Glass Rainbow. Love Dave Robicheaux and Clete Purcell!
- Ken Follett’s new WWI series begins with Fall of Giants. What a phenomenal storyteller!
- Cody McFadyen’s Abandoned, 4th book in super series about FBI Agent, Smoky Barrett
- Bob Lee Swagger appearing in Dead Zero for the 17th Bob Lee Swagger series
Just arrived …. and arriving
- Emperor’s Tomb, #5 novel in Steve Berry series starring Cotton Malone and Cassiopeia Vitt. You can read aninterview with Steve Berry here.
- Brad Meltzer, The Inner Circle … coming in January
- Jack Higgins with his favorite Sean Dillon character in his 19th book … Judas Gate coming in January